Re: test this in matlab for my please

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: test this in matlab for my please
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2016 11:59:20 -0400

I am really having problems trying to get the same as Matlab.
I installed Scilab and started to compare my numbers with Scilab,
and they are much closer than matlab for this system.

I also noticed that Scilab's results are different than matlab's for all systems, then I found that matlab's results
have to be multiplied by the sampling frequency. see

http://www.mathworks.com/help/signal/ref/impinvar.html
"  Plot the digital impulse response, multiplying the numerator by a constant (Fs) to compensate for the 1/Fs gain introduced in the impulse response of the derived digital filter.  "

So even with this I can't get anything close to matlab for this one.

According to theory that I know ( I could be wrong))
this should plot a ramp after the initial startup curve.

Would someone try this on matlab and show me the plots, please.

s=tf('s')
T=.1

sys=1/(s*s*(s+1))
out2=c2d(sys,T,"impulse")
figure(1)
impulse(sys) %  should be the continuous time plot
figure(2)
impulse(out) %  should be the discrete  time plot