Re: Bug when running Octave 4.02 under emulation on OS X 10.11.5.

From: edmund ronald
Subject: Re: Bug when running Octave 4.02 under emulation on OS X 10.11.5.
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 14:49:08 +0200

Tatsuro-san,

The VM loads Ubuntu Trusty Server (14.04), which I believe is a LTS. Below is the install script., and an Octave query for the graphics toolkit.
As this is an automatic install, all VMs should install identically.  I suspect a NEW BUG OF SOME MAC SOFTWARE Vagrant or XQuartz- as James installs on his 10.11.5 and his plot() hangs, while I did a new install on my  10.10.5 OS X and on my machine plot() works. Also, this is the first user report I have had for some time of a VM issue - mostly the VM just works. You will have noticed that I have not exactly been very active on the lists, even though my knowledge is close to zero :)

If you can give James some diagnostic instructions, he cancd to the Oct folder, type "vagrant ssh", and ssh into the running VM, and run anything you want from the command line - I don't have access to his computer.

-------
#!/bin/bash
# This file will be run as root. It installs Octave for Ubuntu.

# add octave repository
add-apt-repository ppa:octave/stable

# rebuild repository list
apt-get update