Re: Matlab to Octave - problem wih the conversion

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Matlab to Octave - problem wih the conversion
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 16:09:15 +0200

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 3:10 PM, Sebastian Schöps <address@hidden> wrote:
> Juan Pablo Carbajal-2 wrote
>> The Terms of Use of the "Matlab file central", which a place to
>> "share" the code, says in section 2.iii
>> (http://ch.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/termsofuse.html)
>>
>> "Content that you submit must not directly compete with products
>> offered by MathWorks. Content submitted to File Exchange may only be
>> used with MathWorks products."
>>
>> I would [not] be surprised to read something similar in the terms of use
>> (or
>> the user agreement) in the Matlab product or the function used to
>> generate the relevant code. Please do check and make no assumptions
>> about the rights you have on the code.
>
> Please don't make the situation of proprietary software worse than it is by
> assuming what Mathworks might or might not allow. The Matlab license
> agreement says in it's addendum:

I am not making assumptions, this exactly why I suggest to read the license.
I do not know from where the user got the file. Most of them get it
form Central, so I think my comment is relevant and I am not making
anything worse.
Also the text below doesn't apply to the files generated by matlab
programs, but to user created files, which wasn't the case here.