Re[2]: xlsread does not read a column

From: Svetlana
Subject: Re[2]: xlsread does not read a column
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 00:04:45 -0700 (PDT)

 Sure. Here is my xlsx-file (attached). It contains the following column:
1
1
1
1
1
1
2
Here is my call of xlsread:
clear all
clc
d=xlsread('test.xlsx') m-file and xlsx-file are in the same directory.

Here is the result:
Detected XLS interfaces: COM*; (* = default interface)
d = 2
d is double, size(d) is 1x1 Четверг,  4 августа 2016, 18:54 +03:00 от "NJank
[via Octave]" <address@hidden>:

>On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 6:21 AM, Svetlana  < [hidden email] > wrote:
>>Hello!
>>I've faced a strange behaviour of xlsread function. I'm trying to read a
>>column from xlsx-file, but xlsread reads only the last number from a column.
>>2-dimensional arrays are read correctly, though. I have installed packages
>>windows-1.2.3 and io-2.4.2, octave 4.0.3, windows 10. I call xlsread like
>>xlsread('test.xlsx')
>>

>We may need you to provide some more info, maybe a test xlsx file that
>produces the behavior you described.  On my PC, I saved a spreadsheet with
>random numbers filling cells A1:A20.  Then in Octave (4.0.3 on Win7)
>
>>> pkg load io
>Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Djava.vendor="New Oracle"
>
>>> xlsread('Book1.xlsx')
>Detected XLS interfaces: ans =
>
>   0.099512
>   0.019583
>   0.067221
>   0.295066
>   0.207370
>   0.696878
>   0.946749
>   0.207276
>   0.886299
>   0.834514
>   0.066391
>   0.586122
>   0.230843
>   0.133635
>   0.417620
>   0.767146
>   0.490875
>   0.451724
>   0.209516
>   0.249191
>

>Can you be more specific? Provide the exact input and output that you're
>seeing?

>NAML

=?UTF-8?B?dGVzdC54bHN4?= (9K)
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/attachment/4679026/0/%3D%3FUTF-8%3FB%3FdGVzdC54bHN4%3F%3D>