Re: Are there any plans to integrate MatPlotLib with GNU Octave?

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Are there any plans to integrate MatPlotLib with GNU Octave?
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 12:30:44 -0700

On Wed, Nov 02, 2016 at 12:13:56 -0700, zequinha wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> The idea just occurred to me... It would be a blast to be able to produce
> plots with the quality possible with Matplotlib but using GNU Octave!

If you build and add the pytave project to your path, you can try
calling matplotlib functions directly from the Octave command line. I
have verified that it is at least possible to construct basic plots:

  matplotlib = py.matplotlib;
  plt = matplotlib.pyplot;
  plt.plot (rand (1, 1000));
  plt.show()

Have fun! Find some bugs and help me make pytave better!

--
mike