Re: dmperm: error

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: dmperm: error
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 14:19:59 -0700

On Thu, Nov 03, 2016 at 18:03:16 +0000, Khadka, Sabin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not able to use dmperm in octave-4.0.3 in out linux system. It
> gives me error
>
> dmperm: not available in this version of Octave
>
> However when I do which dmperm in octave it can locate the command.
> With some google search, it seems as sparse matrix problem and
> suggested me to download Suitesparse toolbox. But I am not sure how to
> make this toolbox compatible with octave. I did add these toolbox to
> octave but still have the same problem. Do anyone have suggestion on
> how to fix the problem.

SuiteSparse is a library that Octave is built on, not a toolbox that you
can add later.

I can only guess that you either built Octave yourself from source or
you installed it from a package maintainer that did not build Octave
using SuiteSparse. If you compiled it yourself, you will need to rebuild
Octave with the SuiteSparse header files and development libraries
installed.

--
mike