How to send (write) output to a file when running a script file

From: Astro Insight
Subject: How to send (write) output to a file when running a script file
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2016 20:13:04 -0600

Hello,

I have recently downloaded and installed Octave software.  I’m trying to solve a 1700 X 880 linear programming optimization problem.  I have a created a script file and I want direct the results of the program (output from the pkg---optim to a file.  Apparently the glpk function (as below)spits out the results to the screen, and I don’t know how to direct the results to a file.

[xopt, fmin, status, extra] = glpk(C, A, B, LB, UB, ctype, vartype, s, param)

I would very much appreciate your help on this.

Another thing which is not as important is:  Would like to know how to convert the script file to a function or equivalent so that I can directly run the function.

If you would like me to submit my script file, please let me know.

Thank you,

Jagdish

Jagdish C Maheshri, Ph.D.

www.astroinsight.com