Re: trouble installing octave_gui_403_appleblas.dmg

From: Andy Davidson
Subject: Re: trouble installing octave_gui_403_appleblas.dmg
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 10:17:35 -0800

Hi Sebastian

Yes I copied the Octave.app bundle to /Applications.

The error message is “Please run Octave from the /Application/Octave.app folder"

Thanks

Andy

From: Help-octave <address@hidden> on behalf of Sebastian Schöps <address@hidden>
Date: Thursday, January 26, 2017 at 11:28 PM
To: <address@hidden>

Sorry, I missed a part of your message because you used screenshots (please
type such errors instead).

AED wrote
I wanted to update to the latest and greatest version. I down loaded
octave_gui_403_appleblas.dmg how ever when I try to start it I got the
following error msg
I tried launching again from
How ever I still get the same error
Any idea how I can resolve this issue?

Did you copy the bundle "Octave.app" from the DMG into "/Applications"?

Sebastian