Re: Old fortran MEX file

From: Lars Johansson
Subject: Re: Old fortran MEX file
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 20:10:04 +0100

On 2/8/2017 6:16 PM, Alberto Luaces wrote:
Lars Johansson writes:

Hi,

I found an old mex routine, written in fortran, that that extracts
fatigue load cycles from time series. I believe that it used to work
with matlab on windows and some linux/unix platform.

My plan is now to try to get it up running again in Octave. While
searching the internet for related info, I would very much appreciate
any useful input, ideas, suggestions ........

Hi, Lars.  I would start with the mkoctfile utility, which seems able to
cope with mex code directly:

https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Mex_002dFiles.html#Mex_002dFiles

Hi Alberto,

Thanks for the hint. Trying " >>mkoctfille --mex " was the first thing I tried, but this resulted in errors/warnings and a lot of "undefined reference to ...." .

Some of the issues seems easy to fix, but I guess that the "reference" problem indicate that I need to include "header files" somehow. So far I have not found any similar example to follow, but I will keep searching/reading.

/Lars