Re: Data cursor in Octave

From: roland65
Subject: Re: Data cursor in Octave
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 09:26:14 -0800 (PST)

Thanks a lot ! This exactly what I was looking for...

It works well with the fltk and qt graphics toolkits.

However, there is a minor issue with the qt toolkit: when using the
datacursor() function, the coordinates that are displayed at the bottom of
the plot become normalized between 0 and 1, and thus are wrong.

I found that this issue is related to the annotation() function you use. So
it is easly to reproduce the issue like this (with the qt toolkit) :

% Plot a sinus ; the display coordinates are OK
close all; clear all; x=[0:0.01:2*pi]; y=sin(x);plot(x,y);

% Annotate the figure ; the display coordinates are between 0 and 1
annotation("textbox",[0.5 0.5 0 0],"string","TEXT")

Note the issue is also present when using the "Insert text" menu.

Perhaps I shall fill a bug report, or is it a known issue ?

Anyway, many thanks for your very useful function.
RB