Re: A hack to get a data cursor in Octave 4.0.x and 4.2.x

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: A hack to get a data cursor in Octave 4.0.x and 4.2.x
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 10:23:43 -0500

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 7:49 AM, roland65 <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

thanks to the work of Pantxo Diribarne (look  here
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Data-cursor-in-Octave-td4681801.html#a4681956>
), I was able to hack Octave to get a data cursor in 2D plots.

Here is how to do in Octave 4.0.x or 4.2.x:

In the attched zip file, you'll find three .m files.

Sounds like something that could be proposed as a patch for inclusion in octave. Have you put anything forward on either the bug or patch tracker? I don't see anything existing, but matlab does have a datacursormode function to enable/disable it's data cursor functionality. Is there anything here that could be done here to provide similar functionality and also improve function compatibility? (I realize that gui behavioral compatibility somewhat less of a priority)