Rad XML in octave

From: ngdias
Subject: Rad XML in octave
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 13:48:04 -0700 (PDT)

I'm new in Octave and I'm trying to read XML files.
I read this post
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/xml-in-octave-td4663034.html

and this section
http://wiki.octave.org/Cookbook#Load_XML_files

I downloaded the .jars from apache and loaded them with javaaddpath.
I can get a result '1' for the code in this last page.

But this function xmlread()
https://octave.sourceforge.io/io/function/xmlread.html
is not working:
>> xmlread ();

warning: the 'xmlread' function is not yet implemented in Octave

And the instructions saying run javaaddpath for the 2 .jars doesn't do
anything to make xmlread() work.
I'd like to have the xml processing capability load everytime I load Octave
and I couldn't find a way to do it. It seems I have to run the javaaddpath
command for the 2 .jars everytime I start octave.

Is it supposed to be installed with pkg install -forge and point to the
compressed file where I got the .jars from?

All of this is absent from guide pages...