Re: Help autocomplete

From: Torsten
Subject: Re: Help autocomplete
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 07:07:50 +0200

On 11.05.2017 18:29, Mike Miller wrote:
> Hi Bruno, please do not reply directly to me, reply to the mailing list.
>
> On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 13:09:47 +0000, Bruno Carlos Lugão wrote:
>> Hi,  i am using windows 8, and i dont find the directory
>> ~/.config/octave/VERSION/qsci/octave_kbf.pap. In windows what the
>> path? I try search the file octave_kbf.pap, but i didint find.
>
> The name ~ is a stand in for your user profile directory on Windows,
> usually C:\Users\YourName. If you run tilde_expand('~') in Octave, it
> will tell you what directory that is.
>
> Since you are using 4.2.1, the file in question should be
>
>   C:\Users\YourName\.config\octave\4.2.1\qsci\octave_kbf.pap
>
>> You are rigth i am trying to complete the function name in the editor
>> of octave.
>
> As I said, this is only a workaround that seems to work for me. I don't
> think what you want is fully supported. Is it something that is
> important to you?

While playing around with the autocompletion cache for answering this
request, I found out that octave crashes at startup when the file
octave_kbf.pap is not present and the last editor session is restored.
This is caused by the changed worker/gui timing at startup. I will push
a changeset this evening.

Moreover, I will change the preparation of octave_kbf.pap such that it
will be updated each time an m-file is opened. By now it is only updated
when package directories have changed.

Torsten