How to build static version of Octave

From: Shamika Mohanan
Subject: How to build static version of Octave
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2017 16:21:49 +0530

Hello,

I'm building Octave on Ubuntu 14.04 using the following flags-

./configure --prefix=/home/octave --disable-docs --enable-shared --enable-dl --without-opengl --without-framework-carbon --without-framework-opengl --without-java --without-qt --without-zlib

I want to build Octave liboctave and liboctinterp files to which my C++ code will link against on any machine without having to worry about dependencies. I don't require docs or GUI for my code to work.

When I try to run my code on another machine using Ubuntu 16.04, I see errors related to different versions of dependent libraries. How do I build static version of Octave so that it will run on any Linux system? I would like the liboctave and liboctinterp files to be as small as possible in terms of file size. If I should add/change flags, please let me know.

Regards,
Shamika