Re: A problem with ilaplace()

From: Colin Macdonald
Subject: Re: A problem with ilaplace()
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 10:51:54 -0800

On 2017-11-14 10:34 AM, Leo Baumann wrote:
It works if the coefficient of p in the denominator of Tp2 is 1.

Thanks Leo and Doug. I played with this a bit, it seems simply 1/poly with poles in left-half plane are very slow (when they should be easy). I filed an issue upstream with "Sympy" (which the symbolic package uses).

https://github.com/sympy/sympy/issues/13606

Feel free to follow along if you wish. I think transforms are an area where Sympy is particularly poor so lots of chances to help out if you can spare the time!

Finally, note the value of reducing things to the simplest possible example---I'm playing with ilaplace(1/((p+1)(p+10)), p, t). People are much more likely to help with your problem if its not full of R1, Rlast etc numbers.

best,
Colin