Re: building dynamic ranges from matrix

From: Kire Pudsje
Subject: Re: building dynamic ranges from matrix
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 00:11:21 +0100

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 12:06 AM, Kire Pudsje <address@hidden> wrote:

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 6:45 PM, AG <address@hidden> wrote:

Here is my problem.

Given a N X 2 matric, build a single vector that contains the range of
numbers between (:,1) and (:,2).
For example:

range_start_end = [1,5 ; 4 7];
should produce a vector containing [1:5,2:4],  The final result being
[1,2,3,4,5,4,5,6,7].  I am trying to do this with just simple matrix
operation if possible- no if's then's array functions etc.

I have tried this a few ways but can't seem to get it to work.. so I'd love
to hear any ideas.
-Much appreciated!

cell2mat(cellfun(@(c) c(1):c(2),a,'UniformOutput',false))

Sorry for answering an old thread, my mailbox just only showed me the original post and hiding all the answers. The arrayfun is the way to go.