Re: Installation problem of octave 4.2.1 on Windows 10

From: John Frain
Subject: Re: Installation problem of octave 4.2.1 on Windows 10
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2017 16:17:11 +0000

I have Octave 4.2.1 on a hp laptop wit windows 10 version 1709 and
have no problems.  I presume that you are running the GUI version of
Octave. Can you run the console version of Octave.  You might try
uninstalling and reinstalling Octave.  Can you trace exactly what you
were doing when the problem started?  If you can start the GUI look at
the command history window.

When I start Octave I get the following message

GNU Octave, version 4.2.1
Copyright (C) 2017 John W. Eaton and others.
This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  For details, type 'warranty'.

Octave was configured for "x86_64-w64-mingw32".
John C Frain, Ph.D.

Economics Department             3 Aranleigh Park
Trinity College Dublin                 Rathfarnham
College Green                           Dublin 14
Dublin 2                                    Ireland
Ireland
www.tcd.ie/Economics/staff/frainj/home.htm
mailto:address@hidden
mailto:address@hidden