Re: [Feature Request] [nurbs] IGES Export - Unit Magnitude (mm instead o

From: Adam Hirst
Subject: Re: [Feature Request] [nurbs] IGES Export - Unit Magnitude (mm instead of m)
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 11:50:42 +0000

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, there are quite a few different ways to go
about making this option configurable (should it be an environment
variable, an argument to the function itself, or even an entry in a
config file?), so I figured a discussion was the best way forward.

Yeah, I had considered changing my local version of the function, but
was aware that the IGES specification has loads of extra cruft like
ensuring line lengths etc, so wasn't sure whether changing an "M" to an
"MM" and the "6" to the "2" would break the logic in some other way.
It's reassuring to know that this should work, and I will do this for
now as a stop-gap.

I'm keen to know how this develops, but in the meantime, thanks again.

Best regards,

Adam

P.S. You may have noticed that I posted this 3 times. After waiting
about half an hour after the first, I still hadn't received the list
copy, nor could I see it on the archive, so I figured something had gone
wrong, and sent it again. After another 20 minutes or so I still saw
nothing, so did it again. Then all three arrived at once. -_-