Incorrect qp result

From: Jonathan Warner
Subject: Incorrect qp result
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 20:23:00 -0600

I was using the octave qp solver to solve a small quadratic program (as a test case for larger variants) and it gave me an incorrect result. It claimed (correctly) that the problem was convex, but failed to find the correct global minimum. It gives a value of 12, when the actual minimum value is 0. I have attached the code file for reference, and a valid value of x that attains the true minimum is given by x = [0; 2; 1; 3; 2; 1; 1; 3; 1; 2].