RE: Subplot problem in Octave 4.4.0?

From: Pantxo
Subject: RE: Subplot problem in Octave 4.4.0?
Date: Fri, 4 May 2018 13:24:18 -0700 (MST)

Tony Richardson wrote
> I've tried a few other scripts in which the control panel is in different
> locations.  It doesn't
> appear to be due to interaction between a subplot and the control panel.
> I've found that if I comment out any code that draws to subplot(3, 3, 3)
> then the other
> subplots remain visible.  If I redraw subplot(3,3,3) the other subplots
> will eventually
> disappear.
>
> Tony

Indeed with those additional information I was able to reproduce the bug
which is clearly different than the one related to resize. Here the position
of the axes is corrupted :

octave:3> get (findobj (gcf, "type", "axes"), "position")
ans =
{
  [1,1] =

     7.5645e+12   3.2287e+22  -1.5054e+13  -6.4573e+22

  [2,1] =

     7.5645e+12   3.2287e+22  -1.5054e+13  -6.4573e+22

As a workaround, I found that avoiding the call to high level "plot"
function (by changing the properties of the original line object) avoids the
issue for me. Something like

    subplot(3,3,3)
    persitent h333 = [];
    tt = t(1:round(L/15))*1000;
    hh = h(1:round(L/15));
    if (isempty (h333))
      plot(tt, hh);
      grid on;
      %xlim([0 tplotmax]);
      xlabel('time (ms)');
      ylabel('Amplitude');
      title('Impulse Response');
    else
      set (h333, "xdata", tt, "ydata", hh);
    endif

Anyway, Tony, can you file a bug report about this new bug so that the
discussion can take place there?

Pantxo