Problem while installing the communications package.

From: CactusLord
Subject: Problem while installing the communications package.
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2018 14:49:24 -0500 (CDT)

So today I installed my new linux distro, and with that all the programs I
need to do uni work. So I installed octave with the (I guess most updated
version) and installed the control and signal packages without any major
issues. But when I tried to install the communications package (which is
absolutely vital for my projects) I got this in the console:

pkg: error running `make' for the communications package.
error: called from
    configure_make at line 99 column 9
    install at line 184 column 7
    pkg at line 437 column 9

Is it a problem of the current octave build? Should i go back to an earlier
version to fix this? If so how do I do it? I'm new to linux and still
learning a lot.

Thanks in advance