Re: impz command from signal package

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: impz command from signal package
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2018 22:05:27 +0000 (UTC)

On Friday, November 9, 2018, 11:33:29 PM GMT+2, Robert Carroll <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,

I’m running Octave-gui v. 4.0.3 on a mac running OS X High Sierra 10.13.6.

I am trying to call the impz command from the signal package. If I run 'pkg list’ I see that I have the package installed.

The command window displays ‘signal * 1.3.2 /Users/rob/octave/signal-1.3.2’.

However, I get error ‘incorrect call to roots’ if I try to call:

pkg load signal;
[z, fs] = impz (x, y);

Both are lines in my .m file. What is the correct way to access this function from the signal package?

thanks

rob

The "incorrect call to roots" error message most likely comes from the 'roots' function. If it's the case, then the calling function is at fault. So your "What is the correct way to access this function from the signal package?" may be a wrong question.

According to https://octave.sourceforge.io/signal/function/impz.html 'impz (x, y)' is a legal form of call. So run the function under debugger to see what causes the error message. This might be a bug in the signal package. Or just lack of some input arguments check by 'impz'.

--Sergei.