Re: csv file problem to open

From: Ian McCallion
Subject: Re: csv file problem to open
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 13:14:08 +0000

On Monday, 18 February 2019, mrodrig <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

I am new with Octave. I am traying to open a file (attached) and I found
many problems to open.

I tried to open with the comand csvread but it open part of the information.

I also traied with csv2cell but I open in the following way

0,02    -0,124  -0,293 ...
0,04    -0,116  -1,904 ...
0,06    -0,101  -2,690 ...
0,08    -0,101  -0,250 ...
0,10    -0,093  2,450 ....

after that I try the following

c=csv2cell("Test1.csv",";");
t=c(:,1);
x1=c(:,2);
plot (t,x1)
error: plot: no data to plot
error: called from
    __plt__ at line 122 column 11
    plot at line 223 column 10

Could you help me?

Thank you for linking to the csv file. As the file contains comma and semicolon separators can you tell us what you want the output to be?

If you simply want all the numbers perhaps the simplest thing to do would be to edit the file and replace the ; with , then try csvread again.

Cheers... Ian