help-rcs

Re: rcs problem

From: Aaron S. Hawley
Subject: Re: rcs problem
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 00:51:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, Kervin Chang wrote:

> Hi
>
> My problem is tricky:
>
> I am using linux machine rsh SUN machine to do ci/co, however it hang after
> I try to check-in file.

your problem may be tricky, but you've explained it pretty well.

it seems your problem is related to the RCS ci command waiting for you
to type a log message.  you'll notice your command without rsh should be
showing something like:

ci -u aaa.c
RCS/aaa.c,v  <--  aaa.c
enter log message, terminated with single '.' or end of file:

to avoid the log message prompt, try specifying the -m option.
hope this help.  let us know if otherwise.
/a

--
     "Too much use of American power overseas causes the nation to look
      like 'the ugly American'." -- Gov. George W. Bush