Re: Revision incrementing

From: Aaron S. Hawley
Subject: Re: Revision incrementing
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 17:32:46 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Boyd, Steve (GEAE) wrote:

> Is it possible to make an RCS archive file increment it's version by whole
> numbers?  And to make this the default behavior for the archive file?

No, but it would probably be easy to change the source to do that, or
write some shell wrapper.

ci -r`rlog -b $* | gawk '/head: / {match($0, /([[:digit:]]+)/, m); rev =
m[1]; print rev + 1; }'` $*

"I didn't work here in 1991. You may want to talk to the Pentagon about
 anything that took place then."
 - White Spokesperson Ari Fleischer responding to questions about the
   intentional bombing of Iraqi water treatment facilities in Gulf War I