help-rcs

vc compare with last version differs from rcsdiff

From: Nikiforuk, Kevin
Subject: vc compare with last version differs from rcsdiff
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 15:00:31 -0700

I recently installed GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (hppa2.0n-hp-hpux11.00) of 2002-08-21 and after making some changes in a file, I tried to compare it to the previous version.  To my surprise, I was told that there had been no changes since the latest version of the file, which was obviously not the case.  To compare, I ran rcsdiff myprog.sh against it and it returned a whole raft of output.  Using the ps command I know what emacs ran the command

/usr/bin/rcsdiff -r2.23 myprog.sh

Unfortunately, HPUX truncates the output of ps, so I can't tell if any other flags were run.  Is there a way to turn on debugging so I can see what emacs runs and figure out why it thinks there were no changes?

Thanks,
Kevin