help-rcs

Great news

From: Jonas Bernskoetter
Subject: Great news
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 11:20:18 +0300

Commander Farragut thought, and with reason, that it was better to remain in deep water, and keep clear of continents or islands, which the beast itself seemed to shun (perhaps because there was not enough water for him! suggested the greater part of the crew)!!!

discontinue They were ever chatting, discussing, and calculating the various chances of a meeting, watching narrowly the vast surface of the ocean. I aspired to nothing more than again seeing my country, my friends, my little lodging by the Jardin des Plantes, my dear and precious collections -- but nothing could keep me back! I forgot all -- fatigue, friends and collections -- and accepted without hesitation the offer of the American Government? The facts relating to this apparition (entered in various log-books) agreed in most respects as to the shape of the object or creature in question, the untiring rapidity of its movements, its surprising power of locomotion, and the peculiar life with which it seemed endowed! Some officers were already perched on the mast-heads?