help-rcs

Re: RCS Api's

From: Aaron S. Hawley
Subject: Re: RCS Api's
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 15:23:36 -0500 (EST)

Here is my knowledge of free
software<http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html> oppurtunities for
programming with RCS.

The GNU RCS<http://www.gnu.org/software/rcs/> implementation make all its
source code available under the GNU
GPL<http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html>, but it doesn't really exist as
a formal, documented API.

>From what I understand, a Win32 library based on the GNU RCS source code
is available for use under the GNU GPL.  It is maintained by Component
Software<http://www.componentsoftware.com/>.

Awhile ago, I
posted<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-rcs/2003-08/msg00004.html>
information on an RCS parser written in
GNU/MIT-Scheme<http://www.gnu.org/software/mit-scheme/>, which is a
Scheme<http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Scheme_programming_language>
implementation that is quite portable to different platforms.

all for now.

hope that helps,
/a