help-rcs

RCI (co -l)

From: Mike Galvin
Subject: RCI (co -l)
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 20:44:11 -0000

I have a question regarding the co command in RCS. We are a large organization with several developers who are checking out files from RCS. We would like to see who has locked the file if it is already checked out. As I understand, the command already does this with -l...our problem is that we have restricted the use of co and ci to a superuser function, to prevent accidental deletion, and co stores the superuser Id instead of the developers user Id. Is there a way that we can retrieve the developers original user ID for the co command?

Thanks,

Mike Galvin (address@hidden)
Software Administration
OIT/CCO University of Minnesota