help-rcs

Re: RCS question ...

From: Aaron S. Hawley
Subject: Re: RCS question ...
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 10:54:00 -0400

Trying it just now, I don't think changing the RCS file directly works
when you're changing a version number to a branch version number.

There's probably more than one way to do this.  I'd suggest checking
out everything with co -u23.1, then use rcs -o23.1 to delete the
revision, and rerun the ci command with the correct revision number,
2.23.1.1.

I'm not aware of a good way to use the RCS commands to renumber a
revision -- properly copying and updating the branch information,
message, date, author, version names.

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 4:58 AM, Marcus MacWilliam
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Unfortunately I am not talking about a single file here, but a whole module
> containing a couple of hundred files. Ideally a single command I can run in
> in a foreach loop, will be ideal, I cannot simply pass the files to sed.
>
> Cheers, Marcus.
>
> Cannon, Alastair, VF UK, Partner wrote:
>>
>> Try to confirmation on this but I believe you can edit the version in
>> the object's ,v file. I am sure I have done this before but it is ages
>> ago.
>>
>> best regards
>>

>> Alastair Cannon
>> Configuration Management
>> CoUk WebServices
>> EDS (UK) Limited
>> Mobile +44 (0)7825118181
>> E-Mail address@hidden
>> E-Mail address@hidden
>> Electronic Data Systems Ltd
>> Registered Office:, Lansdowne House, Berkeley Square, London W1J 6ER
>> Registered in England no: 53419
>> VAT number: 432 99 5915

We can lift up our hands to the sky.  Find all of
those strings that they're pulling and keep from
falling back into our old rhythmic poses.  Turning
us into machines. -- Darkest Hour