help-rcs

Re: RCS permission question

From: Aaron S. Hawley
Subject: Re: RCS permission question
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 12:17:42 -0500

Sounds like you'd have two groups.  One called "development", and
another called "production".

Have the RCS folder (you're using RCS folders, right?) in the
development location.  The RCS folder should be writable by the
development group, and readable by the production group.

Then make a production location where only the "production" group can
make writes to.  In the production location make a symbolic link to
the RCS folder.  Then use the checkout commands to retrieve what you
need from RCS in the production location.