help-rcs

Re: Initial release date of RCS

From: Aaron S. Hawley
Subject: Re: Initial release date of RCS
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 01:06:08 -0400

"Since 1981, the RCS-Revision Control System is available, as
developed by Prof. Walter F. Tichy at Purdue University, Indiana, USA.
An essential motivation for the development of RCS was that many
developers were not satisfied with SCCS which was commonly used until
that time. RCS was for the first time shipped with Berkeley BSD Unix
in 1983, and is available on most platforms nowadays."

full: http://www.aicas.com/sites/rce_en.html

--
In general, we reserve the right to have a poor
memory--the computer, however, is supposed to