help-recutils

Re: [help-recutils] Strange behaviour by recsel

From: Magnus Therning
Subject: Re: [help-recutils] Strange behaviour by recsel
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 21:33:51 +0100

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 04:04:36PM +0100, Jose E. Marchesi wrote:

> Hi.
>
>     I'm wondering if this is in fact a bug:
>
>     [...]
>
>     In the last call I expected the value to be printed decrypted.  It
>     seems like such an obvious bug that the lack of a report of it is
>     making me wonder if I'm using it wrong :)
>
> It is indeed a bug.  I just pushed a fix to the git repository, along
> with some tests.
>
> Thanks for reporting! :)

Excellent!  Another possible report, is there any way of updating an
encrypted value with `recset`?  It seems to be missing a way to pass
in a password.

/M

email: address@hidden   jabber: address@hidden

Perl is another example of filling a tiny, short-term need, and then
being a real problem in the longer term.
     -- Alan Kay