help-serveez

[help-serveez] [ANNOUNCEMENT] GNU Serveez 0.1.1

From: stefan
Subject: [help-serveez] [ANNOUNCEMENT] GNU Serveez 0.1.1
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 17:16:03 +0200 (CEST)

GNU Serveez 0.1.1 has been released.

GNU Serveez is a server framework; it provides routines and help for
IP-based servers (TCP, UDP and ICMP) as well as "named pipes" for all
connection-based protocols.

It is available from
http://www.textsure.net/~ela/download/serveez-0.1.1.tar.gz, some time
later from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/serveez/ and mirrors of that site
(see list of mirror sites at http://www.gnu.org/order/ftp.html)

Changes in this release:

  This release is meant to be a bug fix release including some important
new features. The named pipe interface under Windows (NT/2000/XP) is
eventually working correctly (has been a long term bug). The whole
package is now available as a set of RPM's, too (i386 and source). We
slightly modified the chat server master protocol in order to remove
the number of concurrent clients limitation. The core API library
supports now a virtually unlimited number of socket structures (that is
to address the c10k problem). The HTTP server file cache got a major
performance improvement. The coserver implementation automatically
restarts its instances on buffer overrun or death.
  We also improved the state of embedding GNU Guile into Serveez. If you
enable the `--enable-guile-server' configure option Serveez supports the
implementation of Guile servers with Serveez. To bring this feature home
to the user we added Guile server examples and documentation.
  As leftover from the previous release we added some documentation
about the dynamic loader interface of the core API library. This interface
is meant to provide functionality to load und unload standalone server
modules at runtime.
  Moreover we added the basic implementation of a transparent codec
interface which provides automatic input and output stream encoding. As
an example implementation we added the `zlib' codec.

So long,
        address@hidden