help-serveez

Re: [help-serveez] Thread safety

From: stefan
Subject: Re: [help-serveez] Thread safety
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 08:25:19 +0100 (CET)

On 11 Dec 2002, Andreas Rottmann wrote:

> You seem to contradict yourself. I read the above as "it doesn't
> really make sense to layer ontop of pthreads", which contradicts your
> following statements:
> [...]
> Could you clear this up?

I agree doing that:
  * introduce a --enable-threads 'configure' argument, which (for a first
    step) looks for a -lpthread library
  * if enabled *and* found we can use the mutices in th pthread
    implementation
  * these pthread funtions go into wrapper like svz_mutex_*()
  * the svz_mutex_() functions will be empty if there is no pthread found
    *or* disabled

Does this make sense now?

Cheers,
        address@hidden