help-serveez

[help-serveez] archbishop

From: Douglas Irwin
Subject: [help-serveez] archbishop
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 02:10:24 +0200

He suggests that librarians are being similarly bypassed by 'on-line journals'.
In its sober darkness it sits between two splashes of red.
In his terms, the aura is that which is original or authentic about a work.
It lists various publications.
Of course, this is one example of mixing ILS functionality into another application. It certainly bears the traces of its creation! We will watch to see what impact this has on traffic to library services.
Nor is there a clear sense of requirement coming through these various resources.
In its sober darkness it sits between two splashes of red. And I think we can indeed see some of this.
We will watch to see what impact this has on traffic to library services. Aura depends on the position of a work within a tradition and its uniqueness.
Access is integrated nicely with Mirlyn, the online catalog. OCLC makes this information available via an XML web service.
A couple of things caught my eye.
We will watch to see what impact this has on traffic to library services. Most folks I know probably never use any of them.
A couple of things caught my eye. These are the services I tend to look at.
The need for an agreed service layer is growing. Failure to properly curate means that investments are not maximised, research cannot be validated or reliably extended, and may even result in data loss and incorrect interpretation. He made an Optimus Prime Menorah! Of course, NCIP sits in this space.
It will be interesting to see if they prove popular enough to be given higher billing. Nor is there a clear sense of requirement coming through these various resources. Here are two examples I was looking at recently.
It was nice to see the 'auratic traces' left by the staff at the University of Michigan on the scanned copy - the cataloger's marks, the UM perforated stamp. I have been surprised over the years not to see it replicated elsewhere.
In some cases, materials may be available in the catalog, in others as separate resources. In his terms, the aura is that which is original or authentic about a work.