help-shishi

Re: Debian packages ready

From: Russ Allbery
Subject: Re: Debian packages ready
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 14:50:16 -0800

Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> writes:

> I've built new Debian packages for this release, using the latest
> debian/ directory from savannah CVS, and placed them at:

> http://josefsson.org/shishi/debian/

> Russ, can you upload these files?  Or rebuild them yourself if there is
> some additional step that is required before making real uploads.  I
> don't know how Debian uploads really work...

Debian packaging rules say that the software needs to be built by the
person doing the upload, so what I do is download the .diff.gz, .dsc, and
.orig.tar.gz and then rebuild in a chroot.

I have now done that and uploaded the packages.  You, as the listed
maintainer, should get mail shortly for the upload and then later mail
saying that the packages are in the NEW queue.  There, they have to be
reviewed by an ftpmaster since this is the first ever upload of this
package.  That process can take between a few days and a few weeks.

--
Russ Allbery (address@hidden)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>