help-shishi

Re: TGS revisited

From: Elrond
Subject: Re: TGS revisited
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 00:56:30 +0200

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 11:36:23PM +0200, Simon Josefsson wrote:
[...]
> > 2) shishi has a sub-key and sequence number in the TGS-REQ.
> >    heimdal doesn't. (no idea, if that is good or not.)
>
> These are likely next candidates, although they shouldn't cause
> problems.  However, Heimdal handle TGS-REQ with subkey's incorrectly,
> so it isn't unlikely that w3k3 does something even worse.

Oh well...

> The seq-number shouldn't cause problems, but we could try removing it,
> it really shouldn't be there.

So according to the specs, those parts should not be there?

> > 3) I'm starting to get the feeling, that something on my
> >    box is somewhat mixed up.
>
> I'm not so sure -- let's try to make the ASN.1 packets as similar as
> possible first, to rule out any of those problems.  We have three
> items above to deal with first.

Okay.

> >    a) If I find the time, I will compile it on another box
> >       with access to the w2k3-kdc.
> >    b) Do I have a realistic chance to verify checksums by
> >       "hand"? Setting it to md5 in crypto-rc4 would be my
> >       first step, so that I would "only" need to run md5 on
> >       some parts of the packet.
>
> Shouldn't be too hard, the checksum is computed over the DER encoding
> of the req-body in the KDC-REQ.

So that should be just md5 of the rest of the packet after
the authenticator?
And it should be all unencrypted, of what I need to take
the md5? That's nice, cause it should be simple to do with
any packet capturing tool.

(my idea is to get out of shishi itself, so I am sure, that
shishi does stuff the way it is supposed to be done.)

> There is a XXX nit in
> shishi_ap_set_tktoptionsasn1usage() which you could watch out for.

That memmove looks interesting there...

Is that to skip the asn1-tag and length?

What if the encoded length is more than 128byte?

(I'm just talking useless crap. You're fully free to ignore
the last few lines. ;) )

> > What next?
>
> I'll try to fix the name-type issue first.

Okay, waiting for your "go". :)

> Thanks,
> Simon

    Elrond