help-shishi

Re: Shishi 0.0.26

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: Shishi 0.0.26
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 12:33:13 +0200

Russ Allbery <address@hidden> writes:

> Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I built new packages (to add the --make-pidfile flag to
>> start-stop-daemon --start, because the stop action didn't work), and I
>> can no longer reproduce the above.  I suspected it was caused by having
>> a MIT KDC running (thus occupying the same ports), but I can't reproduce
>> that either.  O well.
>
>> Russ, I'm ready for a new upload.
>
> Sorry about the long delay in looking at this.  I've been very busy.

No problem, don't worry!

> I was about to upload, but then noticed that NAME in the new shishi-kdc
> script was set to shishid.  That makes sense for the output messages and
> the PID file, since that's the name of the binary being started, but CDBS
> installs the init script and defaults file under the name shishi-kdc.
> Right now, that mismatch means that a few things are wrong and the
> defaults file doesn't get loaded.

Ouch.

> I'm not sure on the best solution.  Maybe set NAME to shishid as it is
> now, but not use NAME when loading the defaults file and setting the path
> to the init script?

The correct solution seem to depend on what the NAME field is supposed
to contain; the binary name, the package name, or something else.
Elrond said the info block was lsb, but I can't find any lsb
documentation on init scripts, but I'm surely missing something.
Elrond, do you know where the init files are documented?

/Simon