help-shishi

Re: Windows build

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: Windows build
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 01:20:52 +0200

Jeff Blaine <address@hidden> writes:

>> FWIW, building under Cygwin works, but the resulting shishi
>> does not properly parse etc/shishi/shishi.conf
>
> Hmm, I answered my own question.  No, it doesn't work with
> libidn installed either.

Libidn only matters for non-ascii username/passwords, so it wouldn't
explain issues like this.

> Note that it completely ignores the realm-kdc line of the
> config file, but DOES pick up the default-realm ... weird.

Yes, I think you identified the problem.

> realm-kdc=PROJ1.OUR.ORG,proj1-kdc.our.org
>         KDCs for realm PROJ1.OUR.ORG:
>         KDCs for realm PROJ1.OUR.ORG:

Your config looks fine.  The two lines here indicate something strange
is going on.  When I test your config file on a debian box I get this:

        KDCs for realm PROJ1.OUR.ORG:
                Transport UDP host proj1-kdc.our.org port (null)

If you can debug what is happening in lib/cfg.c (search for 'case
REALM_KDC_OPTION') that would really help.

It could be a problem with 'getsubopt' under Windows.  Maybe the gnulib
module isn't kicking in properly, or there is a bug in it.  Glibc
systems have getsubopt built in.

Maybe there is some CRLF issue?  As far as I can tell, it should ignore
both \r and \n but at least worth debugging further if you can easily
rewrite the file with different EOL encodings.

/Simon