help-shishi

64-bit issue with checksumming.

From: Mats Erik Andersson
Subject: 64-bit issue with checksumming.
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 14:07:02 +0200

Hello there,

I have found a discrepancy between 32-bit Wheezy and
64-bit Squeeze systems.

Both systems deliver cksumtype 0x07 and length 16
as reported by ASN.1 verbose reports, but

  shishi_authenticator_cksum()

is returning cksumtype 0x07 on i386, and 0x00 on amd64.

As a consequence, shishi_checksum() is returning data
of length 12, when fed with the previous setup data.
Manually forcing cksumtype 0x07 into shishi_checksum(),
by overriding the claim from shishi_authenticator_cksum(),
will restore the expected functionality.

Thus shishi_asn1_read() is not able to firmly establish
the encryption type, but ASN.1 reports correct debugging
text. It seems that shishi_asn1_read_int32() and macro
C2I are defective. Broken representation of ASN.1 data?

Best regards,
  Mats Erik Andersson, on behalf of GNU Inetutils.

--
Mats Erik Andersson, fil. dr
<address@hidden>

Abonnerar på: debian-mentors, debian-devel-games, debian-perl,
              debian-ipv6, debian-qa