help-shishi

Coverage of error strings.

From: Mats Erik Andersson
Subject: Coverage of error strings.
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 14:03:04 +0200

Hello there,

I find that "lib/error.c" is wanton of most error strings.
Since I put a number of them to use in GNU Inetutils, I have
attempted to make the list complete. Admittedly many of the
strings are guesses on my behalf as I have never met them,
but I believe it to be valuable for administrators and user
to get to see something better than "Unknown error"!

In relation to the official list I have added many new strings,
and in addition

  * Relocated, conforming to <libshishi.h>:

    SHISHI_TICKET_BAD_KEYTYPE,
    SHISHI_CRYPTO_INTERNAL_ERROR,
    SHISHI_RECVFROM_ERROR,
    SHISHI_KDC_TIMEOUT,
    SHISHI_KDC_NOT_KNOWN_FOR_REALM;

  * Minute text update:

    SHISHI_KDC_TIMEOUT,
    SHISHI_GOT_KRBERROR,
    SHISHI_INVALID_TKTS.

Do consider my strings as mere suggestions, replacing them with
some superiourly informed content!

Best regards as always,

  Mats E A