[Help-smalltalk] [Q] Unicode String?

From: Chun Sungjin
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] [Q] Unicode String?
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 10:18:36 +0900

Hi,

I've tried GNU smalltalk and for me it seems good. But I have a problem: current implementation does not support Unicode. It seems that it only supports single byte character only. I've also tried squeak, which seems less faster than GNU smalltalk - I'm not sure on this, this might not be correct - has unicode compatible string implementation and I think this kind of approach is good. Is there any change to have unicode compatible string implementation in next version of GNU smalltalk?

Thank in advance.