Re: [Help-smalltalk] ZLib streams

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] ZLib streams
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 17:41:22 +0200

Is the XMLParser (in SAX mode) able to parse directly from a TCP.Socket
in such kind of way that completed input leads to SAX events? I've seen
a XMLParser>>#on: method... would this work:

   socket := ...
   XMLParser on: socket.
?

(That kind of feature would be required for parsing XMPP (the protocol
that was formerly called 'Jabber')), but I'm not sure I'm ever going to
implement a XMPP lib in smalltalk (I've already done that in Perl, and
it was _not_ a pleasure :-))

I think so, yes. You might have problems with lookahead there, too, but apart from that it would be okay.