[Help-smalltalk] Re: Compiling gst with mingw32

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: Compiling gst with mingw32
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 06:29:45 +0200

Cesar Rabak wrote:
After some years used to run GNU smalltalk in Linux boxes, I've come
to a job where workstations and the products are Microsoft Windows.

So I'm trying to produce an installable package for Windows.

2.3.6 should work; 2.95d will before becoming 3.0 but not yet, as you found out.

I would surmise that configure machinery would find a way around (in
fact it would have to find ways around mkstemp, ftruncate, strsep,
etc.), or no?

Yes, in lib-src there are ports for many of these functions.