[Help-smalltalk] Re: Squeak SocketStream equivalent

From: Stephen
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: Squeak SocketStream equivalent
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 23:05:34 +1300

> There are equivalents in the Sockets package (in TCP package up to 3.0.x).

I was looking for HTML documentation but it appears the docs are all still at version 3.0.x ...
http://www.gnu.org/software/smalltalk/manual-libs/gst-libs.html

(maybe there should be a comment in the web page above, to look at the source in packages/sockets/Sockets.st if running 3.1).

Also, I remembered there was a Wiki article on GST streams but it is missing from the link: http://smalltalk.gnu.org/wiki/GNU_Smalltalk_extensions_to_streams
Was this article relevant?

> HTH,
>
> Paolo
Yes extremely helpful - I had been looking at the TCP package sockets deciding which socket type to use (and I'm running 3.1).

Thanks
Stephen