[Help-smalltalk] [bug] Building from git fails with new libtool

From: Sam Phillips
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] [bug] Building from git fails with new libtool
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 16:40:31 -0700

Issue status update for http://smalltalk.gnu.org/node/276 Post a follow up: http://smalltalk.gnu.org/project/comments/add/276

Project:      GNU Smalltalk
Version:      <none>
Component:    Build
Category:     bug reports

I'm building gst on Ubuntu 8.10 which is using libtool 2.2.4.  When
running configure many macros appear to be broken.  And make then
fails.  My rough guess is that build-aux/libtool-tag.m4 is using a
macro that no longer exists in 2.2.4.

Attached is the output from the autoreconf and configure scripts.

The pertinent (I believe) lines are at line 302:
./configure: line 17114: =$: command not found