[Help-smalltalk] Re: file fullName/full

From: Sean Allen
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: file fullName/full
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 08:09:11 -0500

On Jan 8, 2009, at 8:05 AM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

Sean Allen wrote:

On Jan 8, 2009, at 7:57 AM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

I updated the manual.

Done. In the new manual (for 3.1) FilePath is a superclass of File, so
you'll see most of the methods you want under

so all these are part of FilePath not File?

The manual includes all methods defined in a class. An object responds
to methods in a class and its superclasses.

You're more likely to find interesting methods in FilePath than in File.
includes more messages than the URL you found, because for example
FilePath can implement isRelative as

  ^self isAbsolute not

I'll add a list of inherited methods in each category to the manual, as
time permits.

Ok, so the manual should have all inherited methods ( I assumed the opposite ) but that isnt done across the board. Am I correct on that? Just want to make sure. As long as that is the case, I'll stop pointing them out.