Re: [Help-smalltalk] gst-remote in git HEAD

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] gst-remote in git HEAD
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 14:21:03 +0200

Are you on amd64? If so, that's the same as
http://smalltalk.gnu.org/project/issue/264

> mprotect(0, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE) = -1 ENOMEM (Cannot allocate memory)

No, it's a NULL-pointer access.  The mprotect fails, so GNU Smalltalk
decides it's a real SIGSEGV rather than one that is handled by the
generational garbage collection machinery.

> NB: Looking at the trace file made me wonder
>
>        $ grep localtime gst-rem.log | wc -l
>        715
>
> Why does gst-remote check /etc/localtime *that* often?

tzset, probably.  I should fix that.