Re: [Help-smalltalk] GLib bug when loading GTK

From: Joachim Jaeckel
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] GLib bug when loading GTK
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 22:53:39 +0200

Hello Mathieu,

just to make it clear for me, you got the additional packages (gtk, glib etc.) from a Mac-Package system and the gst did you compile by yourself?

Or did you all of the packages from a package-system. (I don't know, if this mac-package-system would control the dependencies of the different packages against each other...

I know for my case, on a Linux system, that gst depends on more packages than glib and gtk. (or even glib depends on other ones and gtk too.)

If the dependency mechanism is not clear, do you know which versions of packages do you have installed?

I don't realy have enough knowledge about a mac...

Regards,
Joachim.

Mathieu Suen schrieb:
Here  is what I did :

$ gst
GNU Smalltalk ready

st> PackageLoader fileInPackage: 'GTK'
"Global garbage collection... done"
Recompiling classes...
Recompiling class: GTK.GtkRequisition class
Recompiling classes...
Recompiling classes...
Recompiling classes...
Recompiling class: GTK.GdkEventButton class
Recompiling classes...
Recompiling class: GTK.GdkEventMotion class
Recompiling classes...
Recompiling class: GTK.GdkEventConfigure class

(process:61297): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot register existing type `GType'

(process:61297): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_set_qdata: assertion `node != NULL' failed
    Mth

the "Recompiling" messages are 'nearly' the same by me. (but I havn't the "Recompiling selector" message..)

Ok, but did you only do a"gst" and than in gst a "PackageLoader fileInPackage: 'GTK'" or did you try to start directly a script written by you?

Joachim.

Mathieu Suen schrieb:
Hi,
I try to load the GTK package and I get the following error:
Recompiling class: GTK.GtkRequisition class
Recompiling selector: #sizeof
Recompiling classes...
Recompiling classes...
Recompiling classes...
Recompiling class: GTK.GdkEventButton class
Recompiling selector: #sizeof
Recompiling classes...
Recompiling class: GTK.GdkEventMotion class
Recompiling selector: #sizeof
Recompiling classes...
Recompiling class: GTK.GdkEventConfigure class
Recompiling selector: #sizeof
(process:56093): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot register existing type `GType' (process:56093): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_set_qdata: assertion `node != NULL' failed
I am running macosx 10.5
I have install the glib2, gtk2 package from macport.
And I have a compile gst 3.1.
Thanks
   Mth
___________________________________________________________________________Yahoo! Mail réinvente le mail ! Découvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail et son interface révolutionnaire.